Salem Capitol Connections provides Oregon entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with public and private entities that lead to sustainable business relationships and opportunities.
We Hold Meetings the Last Tuesday of Every Month (VIRTUAL during COVID-19)
Next Upcoming Event:
Sept. 29, 2020: VIRTUAL MEETING
Join Salem Capitol Connections on September 29th, 2020, for a presentation from the Marion County economic development program. The presentation will cover an overview of the program including details regarding the Community Prosperity Initiative, COVID business grants, public private partnerships for broadband, the North Santiam Sewer Project and preliminary discussion of the Recovery from the Santiam Fire.
Jason Schneider, Marion County Economic Development Coordinator
Danielle Gonzalez, Marion County Economic Development Specialist
Register for the 9-29-2020 event and you will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email:
Click to view image or Download PDF here
Upcoming monthly meeting dates:
- September 29, 2020
- October 27, 2020
- November 24, 2020
Resources received July 13, 2020, Response To Business Oregon Emergency Business Assistance Grant Fund RFP:
Resources from the City of Salem, June 10, 2020:
The pages below have been received from the City of Salem and describe (English and Spanish) financing available to support City of Salem companies affected by COVID-19. (6-10-20)
Resources from the May 26, 2020, virtual meeting (Marta Clifford from GCAP presenting):
PowerPoint presentation slides:
Read the CORE group (Coordinated Organizations for Recovery Efforts) announcement about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offering low-interest federal Emergency Impact Disaster Loans (EIDL) to small business and nonprofits for working capital who are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties and statewide. (Click on the link below)
Overview, Capitol Connections
Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
626 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Salem Capitol Connections provides opportunities for small business owners, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs to access information, assistance, training, and seek contracts from larger businesses, corporations and public sector agencies. Small businesses will have the opportunity to network with and connect with each other, larger businesses, government organizations and other local agencies.
Salem Capitol Connections is intended for the Willamette Valley business community, emerging small businesses, minority businesses, women-owned businesses, larger businesses, corporate and government procurement representatives and other interested individuals.
- Invited guest speaker(s) formally introduce and promote their company or organization’s procurement programs.
- Small business owners will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and promote their companies to the larger public and private sector businesses and organizations.
- Networking Component – participants will have the opportunity to meet other attendees, distribute their business cards, company brochures, and other materials to promote their businesses.
- Question and Answers – Technical questions regarding contract opportunities will be addressed.
Who We Serve:
- Small businesses interested in selling their goods and/or services
- M/W/ESBs in the Willamette Valley area
- Community members interested in starting a business
- Larger Businesses and corporations interested in purchasing goods and/or services from small businesses and M/W/ESBs
- Members of economic development organizations and associations
- City, county, state and federal procurement representatives
- Anyone seeking information about procurement opportunities
- Micro entrepreneurs