Salem Capitol Connections provides Oregon entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with public and private entities that lead to sustainable business relationships and opportunities.
We Hold Meetings the Last Tuesday of Every Month (VIRTUAL during COVID-19)
Next Upcoming Event:
Nov. 24, 2020: VIRTUAL MEETING
Join Salem Capitol Connections on November 24, 2020, when Oregon Buys will present on:
– Why is Oregon moving to a new e-procurement system?
– COBID Firms and OregonBuys
– What agencies are using OregonBuys today?
– Do I need to watch both ORPIN and OregonBuys for opportunities?
– Demonstration of the registration process in OregonBuys
Jordan Moore, Periscope Supplier Enablement Team
Nicole Brazeal, OregonBuys Program Administrator
Register for the 11-24-2020 event and you will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email:
Click to view image or Download PDF here
Upcoming monthly meeting dates:
- December 29, 2020
- January 26, 2021
- February 23, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- April 27, 2021
Resources from the November 24, 2020, meeting, presentation by Oregon Buys:
Resources received July 13, 2020, Response To Business Oregon Emergency Business Assistance Grant Fund RFP:
Resources from the City of Salem, June 10, 2020:
The pages below have been received from the City of Salem and describe (English and Spanish) financing available to support City of Salem companies affected by COVID-19. (6-10-20)
Resources from the May 26, 2020, virtual meeting (Marta Clifford from GCAP presenting):
PowerPoint presentation slides:
Read the CORE group (Coordinated Organizations for Recovery Efforts) announcement about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offering low-interest federal Emergency Impact Disaster Loans (EIDL) to small business and nonprofits for working capital who are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties and statewide. (Click on the link below)
Overview, Capitol Connections
Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
626 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Salem Capitol Connections provides opportunities for small business owners, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs to access information, assistance, training, and seek contracts from larger businesses, corporations and public sector agencies. Small businesses will have the opportunity to network with and connect with each other, larger businesses, government organizations and other local agencies.
Salem Capitol Connections is intended for the Willamette Valley business community, emerging small businesses, minority businesses, women-owned businesses, larger businesses, corporate and government procurement representatives and other interested individuals.
- Invited guest speaker(s) formally introduce and promote their company or organization’s procurement programs.
- Small business owners will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and promote their companies to the larger public and private sector businesses and organizations.
- Networking Component – participants will have the opportunity to meet other attendees, distribute their business cards, company brochures, and other materials to promote their businesses.
- Question and Answers – Technical questions regarding contract opportunities will be addressed.
Who We Serve:
- Small businesses interested in selling their goods and/or services
- M/W/ESBs in the Willamette Valley area
- Community members interested in starting a business
- Larger Businesses and corporations interested in purchasing goods and/or services from small businesses and M/W/ESBs
- Members of economic development organizations and associations
- City, county, state and federal procurement representatives
- Anyone seeking information about procurement opportunities
- Micro entrepreneurs