Salem Capitol Connections provides Oregon entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with public and private entities that lead to sustainable business relationships and opportunities.
We Hold Meetings the Last Tuesday of Every Month (VIRTUAL during COVID-19)
Next Upcoming Event:
- July 28, 2020: VIRTUAL MEETING
Register and you will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email:
Brenda Pearson, DHS & OHA Business Partnerships Program Manager
Greg Ivers, DHS Employment & Training Policy Analyst
Kim Alejo, DHS Vocational Rehabilitation Business Engagement Coordinator co-presenting with Morgan Rincon, Oregon Commission for the Blind
Presenters will showcase the following:
- Brenda Pearson, DHS & OHA Business Partnerships Program Manager DHS and OHA are business partners achieving economic and community resiliency in collaboration with public and private sector partners: Can you say multi-billion dollar economic collective impact?
- Brenda Pearson – Our Business Diversity, Equity and Inclusion status check-in – Contracts,Events, Next-Steps and a Request for Feedback
- Greg Ivers, DHS Employment & Training Policy Analyst – Resources, Tools and Incentives we offer businesses! Employee Talent, Child Care Assistance, Health Care & Funding Potential, Tax Credit Connections, Training and More!
- Kim Alejo, DHS Vocational Rehabilitation Business Engagement Coordinator, co-presenting with Morgan Rincon, Oregon Commission for the Blind Will wrap us up with information for businesses interested in Employee Talent, Staff Training, Environmental Modification & Employee Retention, as well as a terrific reminder of the many ways that people with disabilities are Business Owners, Employees, and Meaningful Members of our Community.
Upcoming monthly meeting dates:
- August 25, 2020
- September 29, 2020
- October 27, 2020
- November 24, 2020
Resources received July 13, 2020, Response To Business Oregon Emergency Business Assistance Grant Fund RFP:
Resources from the City of Salem, June 10, 2020:
The pages below have been received from the City of Salem and describe (English and Spanish) financing available to support City of Salem companies affected by COVID-19. (6-10-20)
Resources from the May 26, 2020, virtual meeting (Marta Clifford from GCAP presenting):
PowerPoint presentation slides:
Read the CORE group (Coordinated Organizations for Recovery Efforts) announcement about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offering low-interest federal Emergency Impact Disaster Loans (EIDL) to small business and nonprofits for working capital who are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties and statewide. (Click on the link below)
Overview, Capitol Connections
Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
626 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Salem Capitol Connections provides opportunities for small business owners, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs to access information, assistance, training, and seek contracts from larger businesses, corporations and public sector agencies. Small businesses will have the opportunity to network with and connect with each other, larger businesses, government organizations and other local agencies.
Salem Capitol Connections is intended for the Willamette Valley business community, emerging small businesses, minority businesses, women-owned businesses, larger businesses, corporate and government procurement representatives and other interested individuals.
- Invited guest speaker(s) formally introduce and promote their company or organization’s procurement programs.
- Small business owners will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and promote their companies to the larger public and private sector businesses and organizations.
- Networking Component – participants will have the opportunity to meet other attendees, distribute their business cards, company brochures, and other materials to promote their businesses.
- Question and Answers – Technical questions regarding contract opportunities will be addressed.
Who We Serve:
- Small businesses interested in selling their goods and/or services
- M/W/ESBs in the Willamette Valley area
- Community members interested in starting a business
- Larger Businesses and corporations interested in purchasing goods and/or services from small businesses and M/W/ESBs
- Members of economic development organizations and associations
- City, county, state and federal procurement representatives
- Anyone seeking information about procurement opportunities
- Micro entrepreneurs