Salem Capitol Connections provides Oregon entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with public and private entities that lead to sustainable business relationships and opportunities.
We Hold Meetings the Last Tuesday of Every Month (Webinars during COVID-19)
Next Upcoming Webinar: September 28, 2021 by a Panel from Business Oregon, Chemeketa SBDC, Office of Small Business Assistance, and the Office of Governor Kate Brown
Register for the 9-28-2021 event and you will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email:
Click to view image or Download PDF here
Upcoming monthly meeting dates:
- October 26, 2021
- November 23, 2021
Resources from the June 29, 2021, webinar, at which ODHS and OHA presented: (click to download)
Resources from the April, 2021, webinar, at which OregonBuys presented: (click to download)
Resources from the SBDC regarding the 1-21-21 Q&A webinar about PPP 2.0:
Links in the announcement:
US Chamber of Commerce Guide to New Pandemic Relief Package: https://www.uschamber.com/report/guide-small-business-covid-19-emergency-loans
SBA PPP: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program
Resources from the November 24, 2020, meeting, presentation by Oregon Buys: (click to download)
Resources received July 13, 2020, Response To Business Oregon Emergency Business Assistance Grant Fund RFP: (click to download)
Resources from the City of Salem, June 10, 2020:
The pages in this PDF have been received from the City of Salem and describe (English and Spanish) financing available to support City of Salem companies affected by COVID-19. (6-10-20) (click to download)
Resources from the May 26, 2020, virtual meeting (Marta Clifford from GCAP presenting):
PowerPoint presentation slides: (click to download)
Capability Statements: (click to download)
Read the CORE group (Coordinated Organizations for Recovery Efforts) announcement about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offering low-interest federal Emergency Impact Disaster Loans (EIDL) to small business and nonprofits for working capital who are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties and statewide. (Click to download)
Overview, Capitol Connections
Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
626 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Salem Capitol Connections provides opportunities for small business owners, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs to access information, assistance, training, and seek contracts from larger businesses, corporations and public sector agencies. Small businesses will have the opportunity to network with and connect with each other, larger businesses, government organizations and other local agencies.
Salem Capitol Connections is intended for the Willamette Valley business community, emerging small businesses, minority businesses, women-owned businesses, larger businesses, corporate and government procurement representatives and other interested individuals.
- Invited guest speaker(s) formally introduce and promote their company or organization’s procurement programs.
- Small business owners will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and promote their companies to the larger public and private sector businesses and organizations.
- Networking Component – participants will have the opportunity to meet other attendees, distribute their business cards, company brochures, and other materials to promote their businesses.
- Question and Answers – Technical questions regarding contract opportunities will be addressed.
Who We Serve:
- Small businesses interested in selling their goods and/or services
- M/W/ESBs in the Willamette Valley area
- Community members interested in starting a business
- Larger Businesses and corporations interested in purchasing goods and/or services from small businesses and M/W/ESBs
- Members of economic development organizations and associations
- City, county, state and federal procurement representatives
- Anyone seeking information about procurement opportunities
- Micro entrepreneurs