Salem Capitol Connections provides Oregon entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with public and private entities that lead to sustainable business relationships and opportunities.
Read the CORE group (Coordinated Organizations for Recovery Efforts) announcement about the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) offering low-interest federal Emergency Impact Disaster Loans (EIDL) to small business and nonprofits for working capital who are suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Marion, Polk and Yamhill Counties and statewide. (Click on the link below)
We Hold Meetings the Last Tuesday of Every Month
- March 31, 2020: NO MEETING. [3-12-20 Announcement: Salem Capitol Connections will not convene on March 31, 2020. This decision was made based on the Governor’s Executive Order 20-05 addressing large gatherings and Governor’s Updated Mitigation Measures to slow the transmission of the COVID-19 virus in Oregon. Although SCC is not within the 250 range of attendance, it is with thoughtfulness and care of the individuals we serve that we want to err on the side of caution. SCC will continue to follow the lead of the Governor and take action as appropriate for future meetings. Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to engaging again soon.]
^ Click to view event flier for February 25, 2020
Upcoming meeting dates:
- March 31, 2020 – NO MEETING (see flier above)
- April 28, 2020 – To be determined…
- May 26, 2020
- June 30, 2020
- July 28, 2020
- August 25, 2020
- September 29, 2020
- October 27, 2020
- November 24, 2020
Overview, Capitol Connections
Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry
626 High Street NE
Salem, Oregon 97301
7:30 am – 8:45 am
Salem Capitol Connections provides opportunities for small business owners, emerging businesses and entrepreneurs to access information, assistance, training, and seek contracts from larger businesses, corporations and public sector agencies. Small businesses will have the opportunity to network with and connect with each other, larger businesses, government organizations and other local agencies.
Salem Capitol Connections is intended for the Willamette Valley business community, emerging small businesses, minority businesses, women-owned businesses, larger businesses, corporate and government procurement representatives and other interested individuals.
- Invited guest speaker(s) formally introduce and promote their company or organization’s procurement programs.
- Small business owners will have the opportunity to introduce themselves and promote their companies to the larger public and private sector businesses and organizations.
- Networking Component – participants will have the opportunity to meet other attendees, distribute their business cards, company brochures, and other materials to promote their businesses.
- Question and Answers – Technical questions regarding contract opportunities will be addressed.
Who We Serve:
- Small businesses interested in selling their goods and/or services
- M/W/ESBs in the Willamette Valley area
- Community members interested in starting a business
- Larger Businesses and corporations interested in purchasing goods and/or services from small businesses and M/W/ESBs
- Members of economic development organizations and associations
- City, county, state and federal procurement representatives
- Anyone seeking information about procurement opportunities
- Micro entrepreneurs