Join us on January 31 for a workshop on revitalizing the environments where we create, live and work. Guest speaker: Tayna Star Weitman, Founder and Lead Consultant, StarConserve
- Learn about potential work that is available and how to get plugged into those opportunities
- Understand the contract and procurement process at the City of Salem
Come and learn about how the program will support entrepreneurship through partnerships with federal partners, foundations, economic development groups, Oregon’s incubators and accelerators, Economic Development Districts, and Small Business Development Centers. The goal is to jointly drive forward Business Oregon’s strategy for an inclusive and accessible entrepreneurial ecosystem for Oregon.
WORKSHOP: Change is in the air in the world of Government Contracting!
- Learn about new contracting regulations and guidelines
- Know the value the SBA certification programs may bring your business
- Get insight into what goods and services “the feds” are buying locally
- Learn of trends that the SBA is observing across Oregon and SW Washington
Are you a small or certified business seeking to do work in the fields of heavy highway construction or architecture/design/engineering? Do you want to learn more about how your business might fit with our facilities and maintenance work?
Join Amy Jermain, Small Business Programs manager from the Office of Civil Rights, as she discusses how to access opportunities at ODOT – from supportive services for certified firms, to accessing letting schedules, to understanding all the lines of work available at ODOT.
This month at SCC learn about:
- Contracting opportunities with PPS.
- Learn about the process and requirements to do business with PPS.
Photos from the December SCC meeting where business development tips were brainstormed.
- Share successful practices and/or marketing tips for the holiday season
- Door prize for most interesting or successful idea
- Get inspired for the new year!
- Please bring your favorite seasonal treat to share!
Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace
What your small business needs to know!
Open enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace begins on November 1, 2015. As a small business owner your choices may affect not only you but your employees as well.
On Tuesday, October 27th, Salem Capitol Connections will host Michael Morter, an agent and Small Business Liaison at the Department of Consumer and Business Services, who will explain the tools, resources and education available to help small businesses make informed decisions about both buying and using health care coverage.
The session begins with networking at 7:30 am and will conclude at 8:45 am at the Chemeketa Center for Business & Industry at 626 High Street NE in Salem, Oregon.
Please send us an email to RSVP.
Learn How to do Business with the City of Salem
Meet Mayor Anna M. Peterson
On Tuesday, September 29, Mayor Peterson will speak to Salem Capitol Connections about doing business with the City of Salem and the contract and procurement process.
Learn about potential work that is available and get plugged into those opportunities.
Meeting begins at 7:30 am at Chemeketa Center for Business and Industry, 626 High Street NE, 2nd Floor, Salem: